Welcome to the messed up world of Daniel Blaze aged 13 & 3 quaters (im not)

Be Interested in your comments and all that old shite >> so write away peoples :-)

Thursday 20 May 2010

20th may 2010 (respect)

They say patience is a virtue, but I really think it’s worth a hell of a lot more, I suggest that anything you wait more than 10 years for should be rewarded with some sort of medal. Growing up as a teenage dad I was so jealous of my mates going out clubbing, getting drunk and even the sleeping around bit I was jealous of. I know what I had was worth a lot more but the grass does always look greener on the other side most days. Whilst I had a job from 14 my pals were at millwall on a Saturday afternoon, whilst I was working to earn money to support myself and have enough money to not have to rely on anyone, because to me I thought it was weak to ask for help or rely on someone who is going to let you down. So working seemed like the natural way to stand on my own two feet, when I try to explain that if I wanted my jeans cleaned I used to have to wash them in our sink with the nail brush, now I didn’t even mind doing these things, and why should I? They were my jeans; I wore them and made them dirty so if I want them clean I should wash them. It’s as simple as 2 + 2 to me.
But what I can’t not understand about today’s youth and I am generalizing now, going by things I have seen for my own eyes and issues I have with my own kids. I honestly believe they are spoilt to the point where we feel we are working for them like some sort of unreasonable boss. Because if I went to a job and was treated like kids treat parents today, I would be able to go to a tribunal and have them punished. The thing I see now is kids owning things they really don’t deserve; I challenge you to find a child under 10 years old who doesn’t own a mobile phone. Now why the fuck does a 10 year old need a phone? I remember knocking on friends doors and asking if my friend could come out. I was told yes, no or he’s out playing already. And if someone knocked for me and it was too late or dinner was about to be served up then I didn’t go out. It’s not quantum physics, its knowing your place and having respect for the decisions made in my household. I knew that no amount of pleading was going to get me out so I just figured that it was easier to do as I was told. That’s not to say that when my mums back was turned I didn’t stick my finger up or think she was a cunt, but I can tell you this with 100% certainty, if I had openly called my mum a cunt I would not be alive to be writing this, my mum was not the best mum in the world or even a great mum but I knew where the line was and as my mum used to say “I brought you into this world and I can take you out this world” and you know what I 100% believed her because she meant every single word.
When I was about 12 I was going out with this girl who was a year older than me who went to Notre dame school in the elephant, well one day we was with my cousin and some random dude, now Kelly had found this dog and wanted to take it to Peckham police station to hand it in as a stray, and being the nice guy I said we should all walk up to the station as it was dark, not midnight but dark enough and Peckham isn’t the safest place in broad day light so we all trooped off to the station. When we got to the corner before the station a massive group of maybe 20 or 30, now I’m going to say black boys because there’s no point in trying to say it was a mixed group just so it don’t sound racist, because every single one of them was black, it’s a fact of the story. So as we neared the station maybe 8 or so of the boys surrounded us, one of the boys asked my cousin Steven where we was going, and Steven replied “to the police station” with that he got a punch in the face, then he was asked again to which he still replied “to the police station”, to which he received another punch to the face, on being asked the third time I intervened that we were taking the long way home, because I don’t think my cousin quite understood the gangs line of questioning. After we established our final destination I was asked to hand over my stop watch which had cost me about £3 so I wasn’t exactly going to put myself on the line for it., and we were allowed to leave as it were.
When arriving home my mum asked where my stop watch had gone I told her what happened and she went fucking mental....at me. She dragged me down to the police station to report what had happened and I was given a bolloking by the police, what I tried to explain is that out of maybe 30 boys, they were not going to catch all of them and they might not even catch the ones who actually done the robbing. I had to walk around Peckham on my own and as long as I stayed away from particular parts at certain times of the night I knew I would be fine. But reporting them and them getting arrested I felt I would genuinely have to watch my back for all 30 of them cunts and felt I done the right thing for me. But my mum beat the shit out of me for allowing it to happen.
Life doesn’t come with a booklet because you can be sure that if it did the likes of us wouldn’t be able to afford it, bringing your kids up is your responsibility and good or bad you have to take the credit or the blame whatever that may be. Blaming other people is shit, it’s never too late to turn your life around, so think about what you’re saying to your kids before they leave the house.

Wow after that deep outburst I thought I should get back to my week.
Basically I have been working far too much and honestly I have to admit that the no chocolate thing went out the window after 4 days I am ashamed to say, and I have been eating loads of non healthy stuff, it’s so annoying when you know what you want to do but feel too weak to stick to it. So I have just bought 3 weeks of this Cambridge diet shit and I am going to re start on Monday and do my best to stay focused, I have bought a mountain bike today so I can start some gentle training for my 26 mile sponsored bike ride on 27th of June, I am still demanding that some of you lot sponsor me, so stop being a fucking tramp and give me at least £1, as anything is more than nothing. I know that the key to weight loss is diet and the key to maintaining it is exercise, knowing this and it finally sinking into my brain feels like I have cracked the matrix, you can hear it a million times from people but finding out for yourself means more.
On Sunday we had a video shoot for a song me and nyke wrote last year, it’s been produced by funk mob who are about to blow throughout the summer this year. We had loads of fun on location with some of the boys getting into the spirit of things by jumping in the hot tub with some of the models, I think the alcohol delivered helped the party along just a bit, a friend of mine helped sponsor the shoot by supplying some drinks from his alcohol delivery service, I got to shamelessly say thanks to the boys at www.drinksdriver.com and if you ever need some booze at silly o’clock give there’s guys a shout. Also I got to thank everyone who gave up there time to be in the video. It will be on your screens very soon so look out for the funk mob name..
I got a few bookings coming up soon such as exposure at coliseum on the bank holiday Sunday and Wesley jays birthday as well as the big school disco rave happening at scala both on the Saturday 5th of June, so look out for those badboys..

Which reminds me, last Saturday I was asked to dj at a party for an 18th birthday, the birthday girl sent an email with 87 song requests for the evening that must be played.. And no I wasn’t happy, but it’s all turned out ok and I didn’t murder anyone.
Getting a bit bored of twitter, I got 160 friends and its not going up so I’m sulking, so what you need to do for me is join up and stop me feeling like a Billy no mates please.. Lol

Right I’m out of here, please remember your feedback, you can also read this on http://mrdannyblaze.blogspot.com/ or facebook depending on what you’re reading now. The first couple of rough chapters of my book are on there to read as well as a few old blogs for you to re read if you never saved them.

Have a lovely weekend... and in the words of the man we used to call terry the poof “take it easy, and if you take it easy, take it twice” ouch lol

No comments:

Post a Comment